Small Animal Veterinarian - Medical Director
Location: Grande Prairie
Hospital: Grande Prairie Animal Hospital
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
Category: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
$$$ Significant signing bonus and Northern Living Allowance!
An opportunity to join us in an AAHA accredited clinic with small town living and a big career!
We value veterinarians, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary and/or Production Bonus
- Continuing Education (CE) and learning opportunities with our Medical Advisory Board and hands on development via our sister clinic in Grande Prairie
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of extended Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Enhanced mental health coverage & Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Veterinary Discounts for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage
- Paid time off for Vacation and Personal/Sick Days
- Relocation Allowance available to help with moving expenses!
- Medical Director with buy-in opportunity available if so desired
- New grads welcome and mentorship support available
We are a resilient and close-knit team that prides itself on providing the best possible care to our pet patients, and we aren’t afraid to have FUN in the process. If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk. Our team is looking for a DVM who loves veterinary medicine, values client communication skills, and enjoys practicing team-based medicine. If you show up with a “can-do” attitude and a passion for gold standard medicine, we’ll set you up for success.
This is the perfect opportunity to relocate to an affordable, vibrant, and growing city of over 63,000. Get ahead financially, and simultaneously enjoy countless Great Canadian outdoor activities. Our city offers all the amenities, with the added bonus of a Great Canadian Outdoor playground on your doorstep. Grande Prairie is the hub of the Alberta and BC Peace Region, and provides quick access for outdoor enthusiasts to world-renowned hiking, fishing, kayaking, skiing, snowshoeing, and river boating. Snowmobilers enjoy the supreme winter-wonderland trails that become increasingly secluded as one travels west into the Rocky Mountains, and between the months of May and October these trails transform into superb ATV and mountain-biking paths. Explore Big Mountain Creek Provincial Park or Crystal Lake nearby, or escape for an adventurous weekend to the mountain town of Grande Cache, or Jasper National Park.
Grande Prairie boasts incredible value. Property and housing are readily available, and particularly affordable in comparison with the other 5 largest cities in Alberta. Grande Prairie is the type of place that allows you to live on an acreage and still be at work in 10 minutes! Residents of Grande Prairie can even claim 50% of the Northern living allowance on their taxes, and a healthy employment market makes the city attractive for family members too. A regional College, Hospital, Art Gallery, and the Eastlink Centre multi-sport facility are just a few amenities frequented by locals, with the Bear Creek Folk Festival and Grande Prairie Stampede drawing many from out-of-province.
Affordability, adventure, and all the amenities, without the traffic, pollution, or commute. Grande Prairie is calling…. to all experienced DVMs interested in moving their career forward.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at https://grandeprairieanimalhosp.com/
Text, call, or email Matt at 289-218-7041 or email@example.com to learn more.