National Director of Campus Recruitment
Hospital: Home Office
Type: Full-time Employment
Education: Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
Category: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
National Director of Campus Recruitment Wanted! Time for a change? Life is short… and the Veterinary industry is awesome. But a clinical role isn’t the only option. If you’re social, energetic, passionate about veterinary medicine, and enjoy networking – why not consider a career in Veterinary Talent Acquisition?
P3 Veterinary Partners is searching for an extroverted DVM that develops rapport with other Veterinarians quickly to join our team in the capacity of National Director of Campus Recruitment. In this role, you’ll apply your veterinary knowledge to recruiting and collaborating with accredited veterinary schools. Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your skill set within the veterinary space while simultaneously maintaining your connection to the amazing people who care for pets at our innovative and dynamic hospitals.
This is a remote role that will be focus on Canadian and international campus recruitment efforts. Routine travel will be required.
Founded in 2015 with a vision focused on Pets, People and Practice, P3 Veterinary Partners is an innovative 100% Canadian-owned and operated veterinary practice group of hospitals whose vision is to be the best place to work in veterinary health care. If you have a desire to work with a professional and passionate team committed to creating a better veterinary experience for pets and their owners, this is the place for you.
- Lead the academic program strategy with Veterinary Students from inception to hire, including program development, engaging student sessions, social media and communicating with all candidates through their experiences
- Be a brand ambassador for P3 Veterinary Partners, connecting with and fostering relationships with veterinary colleges, veterinary students, veterinarians, professors, and other key stakeholders in the industry.
- Promote P3 Veterinary Partners to raise awareness of the company and P3’s hospitals, both within Canada and internationally, to attract the best talent.
- Ensure all leads and candidates have a positive experience throughout the process through continuous communication and follow up
- Create Student Placement program that fosters development of veterinary students and learning in P3 for eventual transition to employment. Work collaboratively with Medical Directors at each hospital to attract student veterinarians.
- Support the P3 Mentorship Program with organized and efficient tracking and resource promotions to ensure rich learning experiences.
- Pro-actively develop a pipeline of qualified candidates nationally and internationally through traditional and creative sourcing techniques including leveraging Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Indeed, stakeholder networks, relationships at schools, campus events, professional organizations, career fairs, conferences and events.
- Lead the Veterinary Technician Tuition Assistance Program as well as support relationships with schools to foster a talent pipeline for technicians.
- Review and enhance bursary and scholarship programs to promote the overall P3 offering to students and demonstrate our commitment to investing in students for the betterment of the veterinary profession.
- Execute on the student related recruitment strategies by: promoting positions within university networks, sourcing candidates, networking, screening and interviewing applications, generating and extending offers of employment.
- Promote P3’s cash bonus referral and social media advocate programs.
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal clients, gain credibility and be viewed as a subject matter expert in DVM recruiting.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities for multiple stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills with the ability to work in a changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English is required.
We are looking for someone who is an ambitious self-starter and a solid team player with a positive attitude and high professional and ethical standards. You want to deliver beyond what is required and are willing to roll up your sleeves in an entrepreneurial environment to get the job done. You are resourceful and persistent and have a passion for networking.
Applications can be submitted directly to Matthew Verwey, Director of Talent Acquisition, at firstname.lastname@example.org