Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Location: Owen Sound
Hospital: Owen Sound Veterinary Clinic
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Owen Sound, the perfect destination to explore the natural beauty of Ontario! Love what you do, and where you live!
Are you looking to join a compassionate, inclusive, and experienced team that will welcome you with open arms? Are you looking for a supportive, engaging, and collaborative environment where RVTs are utilized fully? Well look no further! Owen Sound Vet Clinic has an amazing opportunity for an energetic and friendly RVT to join our amazing team!
Teamwork is the foundation of our hospital, and positivity is the cornerstone. Our team believes that supporting, motivating, educating, and empowering our teammates are the most critical prerequisites to success. Our ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication skills, who is detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment while connecting with our clients through their love of pets. If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
Our fully equipped hospital features a digital DR Xray, ultrasound, digital dental Xray, and an in-house lab. You will be scheduled for 16 - 40 hours per week and 1-2 on call shifts per month. If you're searching for an inclusive environment and are passionate about providing high-quality patient care, then you can’t afford to miss this opportunity!
Owen Sound rests on a beautiful harbour and is the largest city in Grey County. If you're searching for a quaint and affordable lifestyle along the Niagara Escarpment, and appreciate outdoor activities like boating, fishing, hiking, kayaking, and swimming - you'll love life on Georgian Bay! Enjoy authentic food, culture, arts and entertainment, while retaining quick access to a host of hiking trails renowned for their beauty. Owen Sound, it's where you want to live!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Relocation allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
- Generous Signing Bonus!
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
Visit our website at www.owensoundveterinaryclinic.com
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to email@example.com