HRBP - Compliance & Engagement
Hospital: P3 Home Office Team
Type: Full-time Employment
Category: P3 Home Office Team
P3 Veterinary Partners is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join our growing team in a full-time capacity.
P3 is a 100% Canadian-owned veterinary practice group. Our mission is to empower veterinary teams to live their passion and focus on unparalleled care for pets and the people who love them. Through our dynamic group of small animal hospitals, P3 strives to be the best place to work in veterinary health care.
Reporting to the HR Manager, you are a solution and service oriented professional who will be working hands on with our leaders in operations and clinics to ensure compliance and engagement, thus driving HR consistency, employee understanding and engagement around P3’s culture and people processes.
Core responsibilities will include advising, guiding, educating and supporting clinic leaders as it pertains to the management of their human resources from an operational and compliance perspective with a focus on Health & Safety, Employee Relations and staff engagement. The successful candidate will serve as a steady, balanced resource focused on:
- Partnering with the business in conducting HR initiatives and providing subject matter expertise in HR matters
- Acting as a true HR Generalist and first point of contact for employees
- Coaching and supporting employees and managers on employee relations matters including employee concerns, performance, performance improvement plans (PIP), leaves of absence, career advancement, retention, recognition, etc.
- Work closely with the clinics leadership to ensure a health & safety plan is put in place, support clinics with compliance and conduct regular check ins
- Providing HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Contributing to policy updates or developing new policies as required and working with leaders to roll out to the organization.
- Assist in implementing Performance Management process while ensuring administrative support and follow through
- Be part of a larger team working on transitioning from current HRIS to Workday
- Work with managers to implement action plans as a result of our Employee Engagement Survey
- Other HR related duties and special projects as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years of generalist HR experience, with at least 2 years as an HR Business Partner, in a fast-scaling organization, ideally in a cross provincial organization
- Solid knowledge of Health & Safety general requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of Canadian labor legislation including Human Rights and ESA.
- Highly motivated, energetic individual with the ability to be self-directed
- Proven track record as a trusted partner who has credibility and positive long-term impact
- Known as a genuine collaborator and team-player - an inclusive mindset and ability to build great relationships at all levels of the organization
- Adaptable to fast-paced and quickly changing environment and work priorities
- Superior attention to detail when reviewing departmental templates, processes and initiatives
- SHRM, CHRP or other HR certification is preferred
We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Wage
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of extended Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Sick Days
- Continuing Education
- Paid Professional Dues
- Annual Wellness Allowance
- Discount on veterinary services for your own pets
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Contact: Submit your Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com today!
P3 Veterinary Partners is a dynamic and innovative Canadian veterinary practice group. Through its group of hospitals, P3 strives to be the best place to work in veterinary health care. We feel privileged to serve veterinary teams, and offer a variety of exit strategies to practice owners who are looking for a change and care about their legacy. We also take pride in creating leadership opportunities within our growing group of hospitals.
Our approach is built on a simple foundation of 3 P's: Pets, People and Practice. By remaining focused on these core elements, we work diligently to maintain the strong reputations and individual brands of our hospitals - encouraging them to be the best versions of themselves.
The P3 leadership team has deep roots and experience in the Canadian veterinary industry, understands the dynamic nature of patient care, provides solid management support and has a transparent communication style that you can trust.