Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Hospital: Chinook Pet Clinic
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Are you looking to fully utilize your RVT skills and make an impact in the Lethbridge community? Are you searching for a welcoming team that is passionate about mentorship, collaboration, and client education?
Find everything you're looking for at Chinook Pet Clinic, a well-respected Veterinary practice in Lethbridge focused exclusively on canine and feline medicine. We provide high quality, compassionate care, and are excited to add our next RVT team member to our fun and hard-working team. You will be scheduled for an average of 40 hours per week, and with NO ON CALL - you’ll feel empowered to achieve the work-life balance you’ve been searching for!
The perfect fit would be a kind and compassionate RVT who enjoys practicing to a high quality of care. Our team is ready to support somebody that appreciates the benefits of a collaborative and progressive work environment. We work hard and have fun together every day, so it’s important that we identify someone with a cheerful and amiable disposition that shares our enthusiasm for convivial teamwork. We take pride in the dynamic and supportive culture we have fostered, and look forward to nurturing the establishment of our next colleague and friend. If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Signing Bonus to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
Lethbridge is a southern Canadian community of over 85,000 that offers a local University, Airport, and affordable housing prices. With Waterton National Park just 30 minutes away, Lethbridge is renowned as a hub for outdoor enthusiasts interested in exploring either side of the U.S-Canadian border. Lethbridge is a modern, family-oriented, and progressive city. This passionate pet-loving community will welcome their new RVT with open arms.
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
Visit our website at: www.chinookpetcliniclethbridge.ca
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org