Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Hospital: Casselman Veterinary Clinic
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Outstanding RVT opportunity 30 minutes east of Ottawa!
Casselman Veterinary Clinic is expanding, and would like to welcome a friendly and compassionate RVT to our amazing team. If you’re searching for an opportunity to fully utilize your RVT skills, work-life balance, and a welcoming environment – search no further!
We are a fully-equipped and fully committed veterinary practice. Everything that we do is grounded in our focus on providing the best possible care to pets. We support our patients and clients unconditionally, and believe you deserve no less as a colleague and member of our team. Enjoy your time off too, there is No On Call!
It is important that we find someone with a strong work ethic that demonstrates a high degree of integrity and accountability daily. Once chosen, we're going to take you under our wing and, as one of us, we will always have your back! If you are serious about your professional growth, we want to hear from you!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
We recognize how critical RVTs are to providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative medicine. We prove this by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Clothing Allowance
- Signing Bonus to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: www.casselmanvet.ca
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to email@example.com