Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Hospital: WestCoast Veterinary Services
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Amazing RVT opportunity in Stephenville Newfoundland!
Are you looking to fully utilize your RVT skills and provide the best possible medical, surgical and preventative care to the pets on the West Coast of Newfoundland? Are you searching for a welcoming team that is passionate about mentorship, collaboration, and client education?
Find everything you're looking for at WestCoast Veterinary Services, a progressive Small Animal clinic that values preventative medicine, impeccable care, and harmony in the clinic.
We empower pets to live the best life possible, and take pride in our ability to foster healthy long-term relationships with the community and each other. Our ideal candidate values positivity and a team-based approach to medicine. If you are an intuitive team player with strong emotional intelligence, we want to hear from you. This is an incredible opportunity for an RVT that is passionate about high-quality medicine, hiking, kayaking, fishing, or exploring the Great Canadian Outdoors. Escape the hustle and bustle of the larger cities; ditch the crowds, traffic, and daily commute. Come to Stephenville, and enjoy a peaceful and affordable lifestyle on the beautiful West Coast of Newfoundland.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Our clinic values our RVTs, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Relocation allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
- Generous Signing Bonus!
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/wcvsnl/
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org