Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Hospital: Stoney Trail Veterinary Clinic
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Calling all RVTs that love the Mountains!
Stoney Trail Veterinary Clinic in NW Calgary is a well-respected Small Animal practice that values open communication, preventative medicine, teamwork, and impeccable client care. If you’re searching for a progressive clinic, work-life balance, and a supportive culture - search no further!
With Banff just a 1-hour drive from the clinic, you'll appreciate quick access to all the incredible outdoor activities the Rocky Mountains have to offer, while simultaneously enjoying Calgary's vibrant cultural scene, amenities, affordability, and the world-renowned Stampede. Mountain hiking and biking, skiing, fishing, snowshoeing, kayaking, river rafting… it's all possible in this area! This is an unparalleled opportunity to live a beautiful balance of work and play. We are happy to offer a part-time or full-time schedule. There is no On Call. If you're passionate about high-quality medicine and exploring the Great Canadian Outdoors, you can’t afford to miss this opportunity.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Our clinic values our RVTs, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Relocation allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
Visit our website at: www.stvc.ca
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to email@example.com