Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Hospital: Pawsitive Veterinary Care
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Team Pawsitive is looking to add another RVT to our team!
We are an integrative-holistic small animal clinic located in beautiful Kelowna, BC and have been in operation since 2000. Our vision at Pawsitive is to become a veterinary clinic that draws clients from a wide area due to a superb reputation. We strive to maintain this by offering the best health care possible with an unwavering focus on the holistic options available whilst using conventional care and diagnostics when necessary.
We are looking for someone who is a team player and has strong technical skills, is warm, friendly and exhibits excellent communication abilities. Join us at this exciting time as we transition to a brand new state-of-the-art 3700 square foot facility. If you’re searching for a supportive clinic that understands the value of client education, preventative medicine and work-life balance, search no further! New grads or experienced RVT's looking to get their feet wet (or dabble in) some holistic health options while using tried and true conventional approaches are both welcome.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Veterinary Technologists is required.
- Registered Veterinary Technology designation preferred
Our clinic values our RVTs, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Signing Bonus to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates