Hospital: P3 Veterinary Partners
Type: Full-time Employment
Category: P3 Home Office Team
P3 Veterinary Partners is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our growing team in a full-time capacity.
P3 is a 100% Canadian-owned veterinary practice group. Our mission is to empower veterinary teams to live their passion and focus on unparalleled care for pets and the people who love them. Through our dynamic group of small animal hospitals, P3 strives to be the best place to work in veterinary health care.
Reporting to the HR and Payroll Manager, and as part of the payroll team, you will be responsible for full cycle payroll processing using Workday payroll, processing hourly and salaried pay across Canada.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Processing full cycle payroll for over 600 salaried and hourly employees
- Maintaining P3’s payroll system by updating and maintaining payroll records
- Process new hires, terminations and Records of Employment
- Responding to staff, HR, and managers on payroll-related questions
- Processing pay increases, calculating back pays and vacation payout
- Helping with payroll reconciliations and posting payroll to related GL accounts
- Processing of year-end including balancing, reconciliations and preparing year end adjustments for T4s
- Audit time and attendance system and provide training and support to managers
- Assisting with other accounting activities on the team when required
- Other related duties and special projects as required.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated payroll processing experience minimum 3-5 years of experience in similar role
- Proven experience using Excel at an advanced level
- Strong knowledge of Canadian payroll across multiple provinces
- PCP certification is an asset
- A willingness to get your hands dirty and help out where needed
- The ability to multitask, work under pressure, meet deadlines, and to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Sensitivity to deadlines
- A passion for problem solving, and be extremely detail oriented
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Experience using Workday is an asset
We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Wage
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of extended Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Sick Days
- Continuing Education
- Paid Professional Dues
- Annual Wellness Allowance
- Discount on veterinary services for your own pets
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Contact: Submit your Resume & Cover Letter to email@example.com today!
P3 Veterinary Partners is a dynamic and innovative Canadian veterinary practice group. Through its group of hospitals, P3 strives to be the best place to work in veterinary health care. We feel privileged to serve veterinary teams, and offer a variety of exit strategies to practice owners who are looking for a change and care about their legacy. We also take pride in creating leadership opportunities within our growing group of hospitals.
Our approach is built on a simple foundation of 3 P's: Pets, People and Practice. By remaining focused on these core elements, we work diligently to maintain the strong reputations and individual brands of our hospitals - encouraging them to be the best versions of themselves.
The P3 leadership team has deep roots and experience in the Canadian veterinary industry, understands the dynamic nature of patient care, provides solid management support and has a transparent communication style that you can trust.