Talent Acquisition Partner
Hospital: P3 Hospitals in Western Canada
Type: Full-time Employment
Education: Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
Category: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
DVM Recruiter wanted! Time for a change? Life is short… and the Veterinary industry is awesome. But a clinical role isn’t the only option. If you’re social, energetic, passionate about veterinary medicine, and enjoy networking – why not consider a career in Veterinary Talent Acquisition?
P3 Veterinary Partners is searching for an extroverted DVM that develops rapport with other Veterinarians quickly to join our Talent Acquisition team in a lead capacity. Apply your veterinary knowledge to recruiting & personnel selection. Stay in tune with developments in the industry. Travel the world visiting accredited veterinary schools. Revitalize your relationships with professors, former classmates and veterinary students. Don’t miss this opportunity to expand your skill set within the veterinary space while simultaneously maintaining your connection to the amazing people who care for pets at our innovative and dynamic hospitals.
The Talent Acquisition Lead will partner with P3 hospitals in Western Canada to identify their unique hiring needs and manage the recruitment and selection process to find and place top-tier Veterinarians. This is a remote role that will be heavily focused on Canadian and international campus recruitment efforts. Routine travel will be required.
Founded in 2015 with a vision focused on Pets, People and Practice, P3 Veterinary Partners is an innovative 100% Canadian-owned and operated veterinary practice group of hospitals whose vision is to be the best place to work in veterinary health care. If you have a desire to work with a professional and passionate team committed to creating a better veterinary experience for pets and their owners, this is the place for you.
- Lead the recruitment process from inception to hire, including intake meetings, sourcing, scheduling and conducting interviews, communicating with all candidates in a timely manner, conducting references, generating and extending offers.
- Be a brand ambassador for P3 Veterinary Partners, connecting with and fostering relationships with veterinarians, veterinary students and other key stakeholders in the industry.
- Conduct intake meetings with key stakeholders in each of the hospitals to gain an understanding of their unique hiring needs, draft job advertisements, and develop recruiting strategies specific to the roles and the hospital.
- Ensure all leads and candidates have a positive experience throughout the process through continuous communication and follow up
- Enter approved positions into human capital management software for tracking and reporting purposes.
- Pro-actively develop a pipeline of qualified candidates nationally and internationally through traditional and creative sourcing techniques including leveraging Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Indeed, stakeholder networks, relationships at schools, campus events, professional organizations, career fairs, conferences and events.
- Execute on the individual recruitment strategies by: posting roles to a multitude of appropriate websites, sourcing candidates, networking, screening applications, interviewing, conducting reference checks, generating and extending offers of employment.
- Ensure that all new hires, including replacement hires, have been approved by the appropriate Regional Operations Manager and Director of Operations prior to posting or hiring for the position.
- Promote P3 Veterinary Partners to raise awareness of the company and P3’s hospitals, both within Canada and internationally, to attract the best talent.
- Promote P3’s cash bonus referral and social media advocate programs.
- Promote P3’s summer student and externship programs. Work collaboratively with Medical Directors at each hospital to attract student veterinarians.
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal clients, gain credibility and be viewed as a subject matter expert in DVM recruiting.
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities for multiple stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and detail-oriented skills with the ability to work in a changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English is required.
We are looking for someone who is an ambitious self-starter and a solid team player with a positive attitude and high professional and ethical standards. You want to deliver beyond what is required and are willing to roll up your sleeves in an entrepreneurial environment to get the job done. You are resourceful and persistent and have a passion for networking.
Applications can be submitted directly to Matthew Verwey, Director of Talent Acquisition, at firstname.lastname@example.org