Hospital: Burlington Veterinary Emergency and Referral Hospital
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: P3 Hospital Management
Burlington Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital is searching for an RVT that would like to continue utilizing all their RVT skills and simultaneously assume managerial responsibilities. You will be scheduled during the day and evenings on a part-time or full-time basis, and must be able to pick up overnight shifts periodically if coverage is required.
If you’re searching for a welcoming environment where you will be appreciated for your contribution to a team of really supportive people, and possess a disposition towards leadership – we want to hear from you! This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced RVT that enjoys practicing to a high quality of care to advance their career and continue employing their RVT skills. If you appreciate the benefits of a collaborative and inspirational work environment, and possess leadership qualities – contact us today!
In addition to fully utilizing their RVT skills in an emergency setting, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Performance Management & Coaching
- Hiring & Training
- Scheduling of RVTs and ACAs
- Continuing to foster a positive and supportive culture
Our team is truly one-in-a-million. We work hard and have fun together, so it’s important that we identify someone with a cheerful and amiable disposition that shares our enthusiasm for convivial teamwork. We take pride in the dynamic and supportive culture we have fostered, and look forward to nurturing the establishment of our next colleague and leader. If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
Additional Job Duties Include:
- Provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team in order to maximize overall quality of patient care and business performance of the hospital.
- Lead the continuous improvement of the quality of customer service and medical care.
- Ensure team has sufficient and appropriate resources to deliver exceptional patient care.
- Prioritize equipment and facility needs. Assist with sourcing and purchasing as needed.
- Follow and adhere to the monthly schedule authorization and predict staffing needs. Verify that the financial health of the Hospital supports planned new hires.
- Act as a positive role model, using a collaborative approach and assuming positive intent. Set others up for success and foster open, proactive, and cooperative relationships.
- Recruit, mentor and retain a team with an emphasis on accountability, high morale, collegiality, effective teamwork and high moral standards.
- Monitor and discuss the Key Performance Indicators for hospital and team member performance, and implement an action plan where necessary. Hold the team accountable on job responsibilities and deliverables.
Burlington Veterinary Emergency & Referral Hospital is a Canadian-owned, fully equipped, emergency and referral hospital with in-house laboratory equipment, digital radiography, and ultrasound capabilities.
Contact Information: text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to email@example.com