Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Hospital: Mississippi Veterinary Services
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Are you looking to join a friendly, inclusive, and experienced team that will welcome you with open arms? Are you looking for a supportive, engaging, and collaborative environment where RVTs are utilized fully? Well look no further!
Mississippi Veterinary Services in Pakenham (40 minutes west of Ottawa) is looking for a part-time or full-time RVT to join our work family. Our Vets and RVTs work cohesively in our bright spacious facility. We’re fully equipped with an in-house laboratory, surgical suite, dental suite, digital & dental X-ray, ultrasound, & surgical & therapeutic laser.
Our ideal candidate is a team player with excellent communication skills, a multi-tasker, self-starter and someone who is always looking for ways to improve the patient experience. Our doctors practice progressive medicine so we want to find a technician that evolves as quickly as we do! We want to support our RVT’s in roles that make them feel proud. If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk. New graduates are welcome to apply too, as we have a supportive team eager to provide mentorship.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Our clinic values our RVTs, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.