Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist (Veterinary Rehabilitation Position)
Location: Owen Sound
Hospital: Grey Bruce Pet Hospital
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Are you an RVT interested or experienced in veterinary rehabilitation? If so, we have an amazing opportunity for you!
We are looking for a full-time, energetic and fun rehab RVT to join us at Grey Bruce Pet Hospital. We have 6 DVMs, 7 RVTs, an amazing support team, and we are a well-equipped, AAHA-accredited companion animal hospital in Owen Sound, ON. We celebrate best practices in medicine, surgery, dentistry, preventative health care, digital thermal imaging, acupuncture, rehabilitation, chiropractic, traditional Chinese medicine & reproductive services. Join us as we enter our brand-new state-of-the-art facility in April. This building will feature an entire rehabilitation wing with an underwater treadmill, laser, chiropractic care, and stem cell therapy.
Our ideal candidate will have familiarity with rehab exercises, regenerative therapies such as stem cell therapy and PRP therapy, laser therapy, acupuncture, and spinal manipulation therapy. We are willing to train RVTs with an interest in rehabilitation. Even though rehab will be your primary focus, you will have the opportunity to perform technician appointments (boosters, nutrition consults, injections, cystocentesis and more), anesthesia, lab work as well as general and ICU patient care.
Owen Sound’s tagline is literally “Where you want to live!” You only have to visit to understand why. It is a growing, family-oriented city located in the heart of beautiful Grey County. This is a community with small town values and big city services! What truly sets our area apart is the outdoor activities, from swimming in Georgian Bay to skiing at Blue Mountain as well as hiking the Niagara Escarpment!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Our clinic values our RVTs, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Relocation allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
- Generous Signing Bonus!
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: https://greybrucepethospital.com
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to email@example.com