Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Hospital: Fairvale Animal Hospital
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Are you ready to join a team that believes supporting, motivating, and empowering their RVTs is the cornerstone to success? Are you looking for a welcoming work environment where you will utilize your RVT skills fully? Look no further!
Fairvale Animal Hospital in Rothesay, NB is excited to begin accepting applications from qualified and enthusiastic RVTs. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a well-respected veterinary practice. We recognize how important our Registered Veterinary Technicians are to maintaining the standard of care we strive to provide daily and we value their work life balance.
Our ideal candidate is a team player with compassionate client communication skills, who is detail oriented and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will enjoy fostering long-term relationships with our loyal client base. If you believe in quality, skill and relationships, we want to hear from you!
Our team provides high-quality medical, surgical and preventative care, and takes pride in the commitment we have demonstrated to our coastal community. Our innovative hospital features a pool and underwater treadmill to enhance our rehabilitation therapies. We also offer acupuncture, laser therapy, and Chinese herbal therapy to round out our western medicine. One of our veterinarians is a certified rehabilitation therapist, and would be happy to mentor you if interested.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Our clinic values our RVTs, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A Competitive Wage Rate
- A Comprehensive Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services Coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Signing Bonus to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: www.fairvaleanimalhospital.ca
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to email@example.com