Mixed Animal Veterinarian
Hospital: Creston Veterinary Hospital
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
Category: Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Work and play in the heart of the Kootenays! Creston Veterinary Hospital is looking for a mixed animal DVM to join our growing team. We are an emergency practice that has been serving Creston and the surrounding rural communities for nearly 50 years. Our facility is fully equipped with an in-house laboratory and pharmacy, digital radiology (including a dental and portable unit), medical-grade laser, ultrasound (in-house and portable), and a full array of large and small animal surgical equipment.
We acknowledge the value of a work/life balance and ensure that the workload is shared fairly and evenly among team members by maintaining a rotating on-call/emergency schedule. Our team is committed to a positive environment with a strong focus on learning and career growth; thus, we offer exceptional mentorship and encourage new graduates to apply! We encourage growth and challenge you to practice your technical and surgical skills, so that you are successful in your career and meet your professional goals through CE and mentorship. We are grateful to have a team of employees that strive for a high standard of care, are progressive, and set team and personal goals. Being an emergency facility means we might not know what each day will bring through our doors, but we are confident that our highly trained team can tackle anything!
Total Compensation & Benefits: Our clinic values our Veterinarians, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- Competitive Salary
- Extended Health Benefits package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Eligibility for a discretionary Performance Bonus
- Comprehensive Immigration Assistance provided by experienced immigration lawyer on retainer for out-of-country applicants.
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.