Registered Veterinary Technician / Technologist
Hospital: Creston Veterinary Hospital
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Are you a Registered Veterinary Technologist looking for a change of pace? Perhaps you’ve envisioned yourself living the quintessential Kootenay lifestyle, but you’ve yet to locate the perfect community.
We are an Emergency Mixed Animal practice that has been serving Creston and the surrounding rural communities for nearly 50 years. Established in 1973 by local legend, the late Dr. David Perrin, author of the “Don’t Turn Your Back in the Barn: Adventures of a Country Vet” book series, we are proud to have carried on Dr. Perrin’s legacy by committing to a high standard in ethical and compassionate medicine. Our facility is fully equipped with an in-house laboratory and pharmacy, digital radiology (including a dental and portable unit), medical-grade laser, ultrasound (in-house and portable) as well as a full array of large and small animal surgical equipment.
We acknowledge the value of a work-life balance and ensure the workload is shared evenly among team members by maintaining a rotating on-call/emergency schedule. Our team is committed to a positive environment with a strong focus on learning and career growth through continuing education and mentorship; thus, we encourage new grads to apply! We challenge you to practice your tech skills so that you are successful in your career and meet your personal and professional goals.
Being an emergency facility means we might not know what each day will bring through our doors, but we are confident that our highly trained team can tackle anything. We assure you that you will never be bored!
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
Total Compensation: Our clinic values our RVTs, and we prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE)
- Competitive Wage Rate
- Extended Health Benefits package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid by clinic)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org