Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Hospital: Rice Lake Animal Hospital
Type: Part-time Employment or Full-time Employment
Education: Diploma - Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Category: Registered Veterinary Technician/Technologist
Description: Amazing RVT opportunity 20 minutes south of Peterborough! Rice Lake Animal Hospital in Bailieboro is expanding, and would like to add another friendly and compassionate RVT to our experienced team. Part-time and full-time opportunities available. If you're searching for a collaborative and progressive culture, supportive team members, incredible clients, and the opportunity to fully utilize your RVT skills, we want to hear from you! Everything we do is grounded in our focus on providing the best possible medical, surgical, and preventative care. Our services also include alternative medicine, chiropractic care, and laser therapy too! If you appreciate the value of preventative medicine, client education, mentorship, and a team-based approach to patient care, let's talk.
Our experienced team is efficient, and dedicated to providing high standards of care for clients and patients. We work hard, we work collaboratively, and we take great pride in the supportive and inspirational culture we have cultivated. We share ideas, learn together, and grow as a team. We support our patients and clients unconditionally, and believe you deserve no less as a colleague and member of our team. A flexible, caring, and service-oriented disposition is required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate in a compassionate and professional manner with clients and fellow veterinary care team members using efficient oral and written communication skills.
- Administer and analyze diagnostic tests (hematology, clinical chemistry, cytology, urinalysis, etc.) utilizing appropriate equipment and techniques.
- Assist Veterinarian with surgical and therapeutic procedures. Utilize gold-standard patient care techniques, ensuring operating room environment complies with all aseptic standards and protocols.
- Administer and monitor anesthesia and analgesia in accordance with the veterinary scope of practice and provincial laws governing the RVT profession.
- Provide excellent veterinary nursing care in a professional and ethical manner through the synthesis of veterinary theory, principles and concepts (including Fear Free techniques) within the scope of regulations dictated by the provincial governing laws of the profession.
- Document and maintain accurate veterinary medical records, following regulated procedures and standards.
- Operate and maintain state-of-the-art veterinary medical equipment, following health and safety regulations in accordance with veterinary profession standards.
- Execute and evaluate quality diagnostic images utilizing knowledge of theory, principles and concepts.
- Perform dental procedures in compliance with professional veterinary industry standards, employing an in-depth knowledge of dental structures, conditions and lesions, causes and stages of diseases.
- Manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies as determined by veterinary office inventory control procedures.
- Maintain and support a collaborative work environment and assist other staff members as required.
We value our RVT team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Wage Rate
- Continuing Education (CE)
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, acupuncturist, & more)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount)
- Uniform Allowance
- Signing Bonus to assist with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town applicants.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at: www.ricelakeanimalhospital.ca
Contact Information: Text or call Matt at 289-218-7041 to arrange an introductory conversation to learn more. Submit your CV to email@example.com