Hospital: Fairvale Animal Hospital
Type: Full-time Employment
Category: Hospital Management
Fairvale Animal Hospital in Rothesay, NB is seeking an enthusiastic full time Practice Manager to join our team. Our well-respected veterinary practice has a longstanding tradition of providing exceptional medical, surgical, and preventative care to pets in the Rothesay community. Our innovative hospital features a pool and underwater treadmill to enhance our rehabilitation therapies, and we also offer acupuncture, laser therapy, and Chinese herbal therapy to round out our western medicine.
The Practice Manager will provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team to ensure that high quality care is provided to our patients and their people. If you inspire others, and are searching for an opportunity to lead – search no further!
- Provide onsite leadership and oversight of the veterinary health care team in order to maximize overall business performance of the hospital.
- Lead the achievement of continuous improvement of the quality of customer service and medical care.
- Ensure smooth communication throughout a client’s visit. Works alongside Medical Director and Team Leaders to resolve client concerns.
- Oversee that all client communication such as welcome letters, sympathy cards, and newsletters are sent in accordance with clinic protocols & approved timelines.
- Implement team scripting, in-clinic marketing, and social media content to help capture new clients, bond current clients, increase referrals, and generate community goodwill.
- Meet client needs for timely veterinary care. Tracks new clients/patients, frequency of visits, and achieves predetermined goals for appointment and surgery fill rates.
- Ensure team has sufficient and appropriate resources to deliver exceptional patient care.
- Understand and help manage the financial drivers of the hospital.
- Ensure Cost of Sales as a percent of revenue is in line with budget. Maintain reasonable levels of inventory and put plans of action in place to eliminate bulk ordering and expired goods.
- Work with Regional Manager and Medical Director to review a specific operating budget and hospital business plan.
- Work with Regional Manager and Medical Director to prioritize equipment and facility needs. Assist with sourcing and purchasing as needed.
- Follow and adhere to the monthly schedule authorization and predict staffing needs. Verify that the financial health of the clinic supports planned new hires.
- Act as a positive role model, using a collaborative approach and assuming positive intent. Set others up for success and foster open, proactive, and cooperative relationships.
- Collaborate with Regional Manager and Medical Director to recruit, mentor and retain a team with an emphasis on accountability, high morale, collegiality, effective teamwork and high moral standards.
- Monitor and discuss the Key Performance Indicators for hospital and team member performance with Regional Manager and Medical Director and implement an action plan where necessary.
- Meet expectations and timelines determined by Regional Manager in relation to hospital initiatives. Hold the team accountable on job responsibilities and deliverables.
- Review feedback with Regional Manager from data management and reporting platforms. Implement actionable strategies to elevate patient care and capture revenue in areas such as bonding rates, reminders and forward booking.
- Ensure that fee schedules are current, revenue category budgets are achieved, and shorts are investigated. Monitor fee capture and discounting to ensure reasonable and appropriate value.
- Work with Home Office to ensure that all voluntary and mandatory controls, standards, requirements, rules & regulations are followed & any training needed is conducted (Employment Standards, CVBC, AAHA, WHMIS, OHS, Xray etc).
- A minimum of two years of experience providing onsite leadership and oversight of a veterinary or medical health care team is preferred;
- Education and training in business administration preferred.
Benefits: We value our team members, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Competitive Salary
- A comprehensive Health Benefits package (100% of Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid)
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, and more)
- Bonus Potential
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Sick & Personal Days
- Uniform Allowance
- Relocation Allowance to help with moving expenses can be arranged for out-of-town candidates!
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Visit our website at https://fairvaleanimalhospital.ca to learn more; submit your CV to email@example.com today!